*** Updated 03/24/2020. ***
We are pleased to share the opportunity to recognize two former Phoenix students with a bit of help to pursue their future academic adventures! The Phoenix PTSA will be awarding two $500 scholarships: one for Worthington Kilbourne High School graduates, and one for Thomas Worthington High School graduates. (Linworth Alternative Program students will be included in the applicant groups from each neighborhood high school). The process is shared below, as well as directions for applying. Please pay attention to the details if you wish to be considered. Any incomplete or late information cannot be processed.
To be considered you need to have completed 8th grade at Phoenix Middle School.
Please complete the Application - Information Section and Essays.
The subject line of the email should read "Phoenix 2020 Alumni Scholarship Application". The text field should contain your first/last name, home address, and cell phone number (no information will be shared outside of the scholarship committee).
NOTE: DO NOT FAX OR MAIL MATERIALS to the Phoenix, Kilbourne, or Thomas offices. Applications (PDF's) must be received BY the deadline. No late applications (emailed after May 01, 2020) will be accepted.
Click To Download
- Complete and email your application by Friday, May 01, 2020. A Review Committee will meet to read a blind review of the applications and make final decisions. The Chair will coordinate and prepare all paperwork for blind review. The Chair is not a part of the actual selection process. The Chair will also coordinate the yearly membership of the selection committee and their meeting times. The current PTSA President or PTSA Treasurer is responsible for making the official notifications to the recipients and those who were not selected.
- The Review Committee will consist of:
● One current PTSA officer or current Phoenix parent representative;
● One seventh grade Phoenix teacher;
● One eighth grade Phoenix teacher;
● One Worthington district administrator;
● One Phoenix or Worthington community member.
Note: No member of the current selection committee will have family ties with any current applicants.
The applications will be reviewed by committee and notification should be given no later than Friday, May 15, 2020.
The 2020 Scholarship Chair,