We are pleased to share the opportunity to recognize a former Phoenix student with a little help to pursue their future academic adventures! The Phoenix PTSA will be awarding four $500 scholarships: one for a Worthington Kilbourne High School graduating senior and one for a Thomas Worthington High School graduating senior. The process is shared below. Please pay attention to the details if you wish to be considered. Any incomplete or late information cannot be processed.
To be considered, you need to have completed your 8th grade year at Phoenix Middle School.
To apply,and complete the Information Section and Essays.
1) Download the application.
2) Complete and submit your application either to the Phoenix office or electronically by (Date TBA). Applications must be received no later than 3PM.
3) A Review committee will meet to read a blind review of the applications and make final decisions. The Chair will coordinate and prepare all paperwork for blind review. The Chair is not a part of the actual selection process. The Chair will also coordinate the yearly membership of the selection committee and their meeting times. The current PTSA President is responsible for making the official notifications to the recipients and those who were not selected.
The Review committee will consist of:
- One current PTSA officer or current Phoenix parent representative
- One seventh grade Phoenix teacher;
- One eighth grade Phoenix teacher;
- One Worthington district administrator;
- One Phoenix or Worthington community member.
No member of the current selection committee will have family ties with any current applicants.
4) The applications will be reviewed by committee and notification will be given no later than (Date TBA).