We are pleased to share the opportunity to recognize two former Phoenix students with a bit of help to pursue their future academic adventures! The Phoenix PTSA will be awarding two $500 scholarships: one for Worthington Kilbourne High School 2022 graduates, and one for Thomas Worthington High School 2022 graduates. (Linworth Alternative Program students will be included in the applicant groups from each neighborhood high school). The process is shared below, as well as directions for applying. Please pay attention to the details if you wish to be considered. Any incomplete or late information will not be processed.
To be considered you need to have completed 8th grade at Phoenix Middle School.
Please complete the online Application - Information Section and Essays.
NOTE: DO NOT FAX OR MAIL MATERIALS to the Phoenix, Kilbourne, or Thomas offices. Applications must be received online by the deadline - Sunday, April 03, 2022, @ 9:00 pm. No late applications will be accepted.
Here's what you'll need to complete the online application:
- Student contact and current high school information.
- Parent Name(s), email, and address.
- Essay Question 1 (300-word max):
What degree program or field of study are you interested in pursuing and why?
- Essay Question 2 (500-word max):
Choose any two of the values & expectations of Phoenix and explain how you have grown or contributed to your high school or community as a result of your experience at Phoenix.
NOTE: DO NOT FAX OR MAIL MATERIALS to the Phoenix, Kilbourne, Linworth, or Thomas offices.
- Complete the online application by Sunday, April 03, 2022, @ 9:00 pm. A Review Committee will meet to read a blind review of the applications and make final decisions. The Chair will coordinate and prepare all paperwork for blind review. The Chair is not a part of the actual selection process. The Chair will also coordinate the yearly membership of the selection committee and their meeting times. The current PTSA President or PTSA Treasurer is responsible for making the official notifications to the recipients and those who were not selected.
- The Review Committee will consist of:
● One current PTSA officer or current Phoenix parent representative;
● One seventh grade Phoenix teacher;
● One eighth grade Phoenix teacher;
● One Worthington district administrator;
● One Phoenix or Worthington community member.
Note: No member of the current selection committee will have family ties with any current applicants.
The applications will be reviewed by the committee and notification should be given on or before Monday, April 18, 2022.
The 2022 Scholarship Chair